LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging ) is a proven approach to creating fast and accurate terrain models for applications in many types of industries. The technology is based on a scanning laser combined with both GPS and inertial technology to create a three dimensional set of points (point cloud).
Photogrammetry is the science of making measurements from photographs. The output of photogrammetry is typically a map, drawing, measurement, or a 3D model of some real-world object. Today maps are created with photogrammetry and photographs usually are taken from aircraft or satellite.
Asian Aerospace Services uses the Diamond Aircraft DA42MPP, known for the most efficient aircraft in the industry, equipped with state-of-the-art remote sensing solutions from Riegl (Lidar Scanner) and IGI ( IMU, Digital Aerial Camera) to do Airborne Surveys in a wide range of applications such as
- Infrastructure Planning ( Powerline, Pipeline, Railway, Roads, Industry )
- Mining ( Geology, Geography, Geomorphology )
- Disaster Prevention ( Flood, Landslides)
- Vegetation Analysis ( Forestry, Precision Farming )
- Mapping ( City Models, Topographic Maps, Corridors, Landuse )
The aircraft are based in AAS own Hangar at Don Muenag International Airport in Bangkok, Thailand.